Opioids Detox and TCM
Presenters: David Peters, LAc, Dr. Jennifer Williams,
John McGimsey, LAc, Li Jie McGimsey, LAc., Linda Tolentino, LAc.
10.5 CEUs (NCALB Approved)
This event is limited to 20 people.
This course will present various types of opioids, the mechanism of opioids, the pharmacological effects of opioids, herb-drug interactions, and the use of opioids for chronic pain management. The class will review trends in research that outline the problem of long-term opioid use as well as body and ear acupuncture combinations as an alternative to opioids.
We will be discussing ways to enhance your Chinese Herbal medicine practice with nutrition, supplements, and formulas from Standard Process to address pain, other symptoms, imbalances and dis-harmonies that can occur from chronic opioid use and pain syndromes. We will learn how to recommend products to:
- Decrease pain, inflammation, and nervous system damage
- Activate Phase 1 and 2 Liver Detoxification for clearing drug metabolites and stress hormones
- Alleviate Gastrointestinal Disruption (Wood Overacting on Earth, Liver Qi Stagnation with Heat,etc.)
- Harmonize Shen disturbance: Decreasing anxiety, depression and increasing focus and concentration
- Minimize Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Night Sweats, etc.
- Move Blood: increase circulation in the channels and collaterals
- Nourish Yin and Body Fluids: Tissue Healing (joints, tendons, and myo-fascial)
- Address specific Case Studies
In addition to the above content, the NCAAOM will offer information on participating in the treatment of our nation's veterans including the process for credentialing and an emphasis on billing the Veterans Administration.
Cancellation Policy for NCAAOM Events:
One month prior to seminar date: Full refund minus $25 cancellation fee.
One month to one week prior: 60% of tuition will be refunded.
Less than one week prior or nonattendance: No refunds.